Monday, November 2, 2009

SOPHIE TURNS TWENTY FIVE

SOPHIE25SOPHIE25SOPHIE25SOPHIE25SOPHIE25SOPHIE25SOPHIE25SOPHIE
This is Sophie, Sophie Simmons, my friend Sophie Simmons one of my very very best friends. I haven't known Sophie for that long.. Not if you compare it to the other "best friends"in my life, most of them I have known my whole life, But Sophie I just got to know a few years ago I think it was 2004.. Still this redheaded fairy has fought her way in to my heart, taken a place as one of the greats in my life and i am planning on keeping her.
Sophie was the girlfriend of one of my friends, so for years she was in the periphery of my life, A gorgeous redhead, someone to be jealous of, because of her fair skin and natural wavy hair, and her big puppy eyes and beautiful long lashes, and I really liked her, but she was still more my friends girlfriend then my actual friend.

Fortunately and lucky for all.. they broke up.. and I saw my chance to snatch her.. keep her in my life, And boy am I glad I did!
We had both gotten out of long relationships but instead of sitting at home weeping we decided to go out and have some fun! Though that wasn't easy with her living in London and me in LA. But we make sure to make up for it whenever we see each other.. and damn is that girl fun to hang with!
And on top of that she is that perfect mix between being cocky yet insecure tough yet warm, forward but not pushy, outspoken but not rude
.
She has the wits and the humor, the vulnerability and great dreams for the future ( just unclear as to what they might be yet..) She has the ability to let loose, to make me laugh and to make me feel good about myself..

Today, my little red-headed fairy turns 25. TWENTY FIVE!!!!

That is a big number if you haven't been there before.. And I know that you my dear, are a little freaked out about it, And maybe you should be.. a little scared.. I know how I felt 5 years ago.. but, instead of fearing it, you have to embrace it, the years after 25 are wonderful years , so much opportunity, your dreams will become more defined, you will find more security and strength in your choices (this is if you listen to me) you will have more happiness and sadness and you will most certainly have your heart broken again (after all we live in a world where there is still men) but you will have a new way of dealing with it, maybe panic even more about it since you are not in your early twenties any more.
You will no longer know it all but you will learn so much more . You will find the courage to go after those dreams that are now more defined or to break someone else's heart, and you will be relived that you are no longer in your early twenties .Trust me. the best part is to look back at that long and winding road you have walked to get here. The people and places you have left behind and the one's that are still here with you.. ( see attached picture)

That said..
This doesn't mean that you will not soon freak out again when you notice that your wrinkles are now just as defined as your dreams.. but when you do, Remember that I will still be here with you, kicking and screaming my way into my thirties , always older and more wrinkly than you...

I LOVE YOU PUMPKIN!!!!!
AND I WISH I COULD BE THERE AND CELEBRATE WITH YOU!!
I ATE THIS CAKE FOR YOU
HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!

SOPHIE25SOPHIE25SOPHIE25SOPHIE25SOPHIE25SOPHIE25SOPHIE25SOPHIE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers