Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Rattlesnakes..

When me and Emmis and D-boy went hiking the other day, we ran in to my friend Anna and she told me to watch Denni carefully since another dog had been bitten by a rattle snake the other day,  But i figured what the heck, what are the odds that that is gonna happen again??
But then yesterday morning, I met a lady that I recognized, she came walking so slowly up the hill, and she stopped me and said,  Little girl, you be careful with that little dog and watch out for snakes, 
I said Id heard what had happened to that other dog and she said, yyes, that was my dog..

Turns out she had just gotten to the hiking area, her doberman was still on its leach and it was sniffing around right by the gates when a rattle snake bit her, they rushed her in to the intensive care, and they did everything they could to save her, and just when they thought the dog was gonna be fine, she died of a heart attack!

So sad, this women was just crying all the time she was telling me the story, so I found my self, holding her and trying to comfort this stranger, hugging her while her tears dripped on my t-shirt, then we said goodbye and i promised to keep Denni out of the bushes, and then I watched walk slowly slowly up the hill.. poor woman.

So during yesterdays hike, I was a little worried, but really, how big are the odds that its gonna happen again in the same place?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers