Friday, July 31, 2009

The Audition

Sometimes it happens..
Got my sides for the audition ( it is for a Feature film and I really want this part)late on Wednesday night, and I was starting to get a bit nervous that is was gonna be a lot of text.. And it was, but it was just so right for me! I just read the scene and it was just so perfect! And I had so much fun working on it, even though it was a hugely emotional scene.
But it took a lot of prepping all morning..
and then, it always amazes me how people are behaving at auditions in this city, you would think that due to the competition there is they would all sit there quietly focusing on there task..
But No! they all talk and laugh and exchange phone numbers with one another.. its crazy!
But it made me feel even more confident.. So I'm there focusing on my big emotional eruption, keeping my tears in and all that waiting for my turn.. trying not to think about that I'm about to get a parking ticket because its taking too long..
And then .. Ta Ta..My turn.. Door opens.. and there.. One of the most beautiful boys Ive seen ( this week).. and I just feel my face opening into a big smile and i hear myself go Hiiiiiiii and my face turns red and Dammit! not now!! not now!!! FOCUS!!

And I did manage to pull it together. Barely.
But dammit.. it wasn't easy. At least they were really happy with what I did and they asked me to read for the Lead as well, and I did ( please let there not be a parking ticket) and then they kept talking and talking , and Finally i ran..just ran.. didn't even put my shoes back on.. elevator, Come on! red light, don't care.. run run and as I get in to my car, the lady with he tickets pulls up in front of me! I made it!

1 comment:

Followers